Read More to Learn How to Create Your Stay at Home Business While Spending Time With Your Kids
Create Your Stay at Home Business While Spending Time With Your Kids
If you use Instagram and love sharing photos of products you already use and love, you may be interested in Heartbeat – When you sign up to be a Heartbeat ambassador you fill out your profile to tell them what you would love to post about. Then you’ll receive offers in your email. Sign up for the ones you love, or just leave them – no obligation at all! Pretty cool really.
Heartbeat works with real women, who genuinely love the products they share with their audience. Authenticity is important to them! Companies work with you to promote their products, fill out surveys, and more, so there are lots of ways you can make some extra money!
If you’re already doing online shopping then you should be looking into Ebates.com regardless. By shopping through Ebates, you get cash back on purchases you were already planning to make, but the added bonus is, when you share it with your friends, you also earn an additional $25. Yes, please! If I’m planning to purchase something online, I just double check in Ebates.com to see if there is a deal on what I’m looking for – free gifts with purchase, BOGO, or free shipping – they always have something to offer.
Introducing Awesome Resources into Your Business to Make Work Life More Efficient
Staying organized is also key to staying on top of #momlife and #worklife without confusing the two and making sure everything gets done. I’m in love with Erin Condren Planners – they are beautiful, inspirational, cleverly made and have just about everything I need to stay organized (while having a little aesthetic fun in the process). On top of planners, notebooks and everything you need to stay organized with that, they also carry and create personalized cards, accessories and gifts. It’s awesome. It’s my one stop shop for anything I need with my name on it to keep my look consistent. Click here for a $10 off coupon and sign up for her newsletter for an additional 10% off!
To take my site to the next level, I invested in Divi – a beautiful theme from Elegant Themes. I love it so much. I can customize every inch, every aspect of my site and make it entirely me (with constant support from the team at Elegant Themes). They have lots of beautiful themes, but Divi is the most popular for Momma bloggers and online business owners because you can build your site from the front site rather than working with the coded and more intimidating back end. It’s amazing. You save so much time by saving templates that populate in a matter of seconds and you can pop your content in with no fuss. Amazing!
In committing to the “look” that I wanted for my site, I searched high and low for beautiful stock images that were meaningful to my message. There are amazing stock sites out there where you can sign up for lovely images for free and Ivory Mix is one of those – but I’ve also purchased a membership with Kayla of Ivory Mix because her images are so beautiful and clean looking and were exactly what I wanted. I do take my own photos as well but when you are a mom, running an online business, time is critical and formatting photos is out of my reach most days. Ivory Mix has exactly what I need in feminine photos, that don’t need any fine tuning. They are ready to go and add so much to each one of my posts.
Marketing and Promotion – Getting Your Incredible Products and Content to the People Who Want & Need It
To create these images, with the text I want and adding my logo, I use PicMonkey – an amazingly easy to use design tool with more features than I have even attempted to look at. PicMonkey helps you build collages, made to measure templates for all social media platforms, gives you amazing and beautiful templates for poster, business cards and banners. It’s really cool and better yet – makes this creative process really fast and efficient.
I was already an avid user and lover of Pinterest. It is a great place to search for just about everything, using visuals to send you a message in a matter of seconds if that content is for you. It’s like an upgrade to search engines for already busy moms who need information fast – and what better way then with images speaking directly to our search.
Sharing YOUR message is just as easy when you have a Pinterest Business Account (which is free to set up – super fast and simple too!), but it can feel overwhelming to keep up with all the pinning and sharing that helps your products, services and content get to the people who want and need it. Enter, Tailwind. Oh Tailwind, how I love you. Tailwind makes using Pinterest a breeze (and they have an added aspect for Instagram too but I don’t use that one just yet) and they are constantly sharing information on how to make the most of the platform for your business. It’s seriously amazing.
When it comes to connecting to your readers, reaching out via email and inviting them to follow your content with regular updates, ConvertKit is well known and well loved and really is built with bloggers and home businesses in mind with simple and quick templates and form creation.
I love and use MailerLite which offers all of the above as well. Just like ConvertKit, it can be integrated into your site, allows you to make sign up forms and email sequences with drag and drop simplicity. The big difference is the price – MailerLite is free for 1000 or fewer subscribers and is only $10/month for up to 2500 subscribers. I really feel it offers just as amazing opportunities and customizations as ConvertKit. Both are really great options – I’ve tried both and it was a hard decision as they were both so easy to use. Ultimately it came down to price, which is why I chose MailerLite.
Selling Your Own Products – Making Sales Quick and Efficient for Your Customers
Balancing Mom Life and Business Life
- Get in the right headspace and mindset – start your day with this Mommy Mantra (free printable here) and remind yourself of your goals, and your “WHY” – more on this in another point.
- Start your day with 3 main goals and write them on your to-do list. There is so much research behind actually writing these goals down vs having them in electronic format and I really do feel it helps to have your hands on your list each day.
- Having an idea of how long these take and how much time you have in each chunk of time will help you plan and prioritize when you can accomplish them!
- Earlier is best as things tend to take longer than we anticipate, and getting things done earlier means more time for more success building and loving on our little ones.
- Do the biggest, most time consuming tasks first. I know, right?! I tend to leave these until the end to but they are often the items that get pushed to the next day, and then the next and so on.
- Know your most productive time periods. For me, I can get a lot of focused work done early in the day – but my daughter is an early riser to this time gets interrupted often. I work really well in the evening after she goes to bed but this is also the most frequently request part of my day by others in my life who deserve time and attention too – friends, family, self! So, each day I set aside a solid hour where my daughter knows this is her “quiet time” and Mommy’s work time. She understands the importance of the time I need and that during that time work is my priority although I love her during all the hours of the day. My time is valuable. Yours is too. Choose how to spend it, while understanding the needs of your family but not putting your needs on the back burner.
- It’s okay for my daughter to see me working! In the beginning I didn’t want my daughter to see me on my computer, phone, or have to sit quietly while I took calls because I felt I was putting her second. Well, I’ve come to understand this is exactly the opposite. She is my “WHY” behind so much of what I do and to work from home and be with her, this is what needs to be done. She is learning so much for these moments: time management, productivity, multitasking, focus, priorities, results orientation, and I am becoming a role model of what a mom who runs her own business, with financial freedom and time freedom looks like. She knows I do not choose time away from her lightly. I am not “wasting time” while I am within technology and I am not doing tasks that require me to be lost in a world away from her. I don’t do this for much of the day as she and I spend chunks of time with her Love of Learning Binder, playing outside, or at structured activities but when I do have to check in on some business, she knows and understands the importance of why – I don’t hide my awesome from her!
I would love to hear what resources you have tried and love, or where you are on your journey to working at home so you can enjoy your time with your little ones. It’s not easy and it takes a lot of planning and a lot of consistency but it’s so very possible to snuggle your children while making an income – supporting one another is the first step and I’m happily here to support you anytime! Just reach out!
Is Your Child Heading to Kindergarten soon?!
Looking over at that amazing child of yours, thinking of slipping the straps of a backpack far too big for their still tiny shoulders as you send them off to kindergarten for the first time, armed with the perfectly packed lunch and all the love in your heart; what a milestone!
Well, Mama. I can help you prepare for this amazing adventure.
In a FREE email course, I walk you through
the 5 MOST IMPORTANT steps to preparing your child for kindergarten.
Why I love Crayola Products I love Crayola products! Who doesn't?! Crayola makes reliable, dependable, arts and crafts products geared toward children while keeping parent needs in mind. And they cannot be compared to in regard to quality. Have you used a crayon at a...read more
The Best Teaching Resources that Teachers Use at Home that You Will LOVE to Have Around the House! Teaching resources aren't just for the classroom As a teacher, I found ways to make my day run more smoothly in the classroom and to support the children getting the...read more
The 24 Best Books for Back to School! and one app that is worthy of the list! I love books - so much. My house is filled with them. I am actually bordering on too many although I will never admit to it when it comes to decluttering my house. My daughter follows in my...read more
Searching for the Best School Lunch Box How Do I Choose the Best Lunch Box? I Ask Another Mom! Little Bee is about to start preschool and I have been searching all over for the best lunch box to send with her each day. Something easy for her to open, but also offers...read more
Parenting advice from experts and storytellers. The best TEDTalks for Moms who want the best for their children I want the best for my daughter I am constantly striving to create an environment of learning for my daughter. I feel heavy from time to time, with the...read more
30 Tips for Preparing Your Kids for a Successful Back to School Routine Summer is that amazing time of year that we spend most of the other months looking forward to. Especially here in Eastern Canada! It’s filled with fun and excitement and last minute memories made...read more